Walter & Shuffain is a great place to begin your career. Why not start out strong and see how we can help you achieve your long-term goals?
Working at W&S, you’ll find an incredible opportunity to be part of a true team atmosphere and work on a variety of client engagements. We want recent graduates to thrive at W&S so we encourage exploring the many different client services we offer. When you find your passion, you’ll find success.
Our staff accountants have access to our cutting-edge online technical research. We consider learning a lifelong process and, as part of our team, you’ll join us in continually developing and updating your technical expertise.
Staff accountants work directly with seniors, managers and, in many cases, partners on client engagements. These engagements include: assisting with tax compliance and reporting through tax strategy development and return preparation; providing accounting and financial reporting through audit, review and compilation services; and improving business performance through consultative services.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or graduate degree in accounting or taxation
- Prefer minimum GPA 3.0 overall
- Must be eligible to work in United States
W&S also offers a limited number of summer internships. These coveted internships provide an excellent opportunity for students to get a feel for "real world" accounting. Learn more about our internships.
- Tuesday, Sept. 11 - Bentley University’s Beyond the Big Four - 5:30 - 7:30
- Friday, Sept. 14 - University of New Hampshire Accounting/Finance Career Fair - 11:00 - 2:00
- Monday, Sept. 17 - Stonehill College career Fair - 4:30 - 6:00
- Wednesday, Sept. 19 - UMASS Amherst Isenberg Regional Accounting Fair - 11:00 - 1:30
- Friday, Sept. 21 - MSCPA Career Fair Expo - 1:00 - 3:00
- Monday, Sept. 24 - Bentley University On Campus Interviews
- Thursday, Sept. 27 - Suffolk University Meet the Firms Night - 5:30 - 8:00
- Thursday, Sept. 27 - UMASS Amherst On Campus Interviews
- Thursday, Sept. 27 - University of Rhode Island Public Accounting Night - 6:00 - 8:00
- Friday, Sept. 28 - Stonehill College On Campus Interviews
- Monday, Oct. 1 - University of New Hampshire On Campus Interviews
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 - University of Rhode Island On Campus Interviews
- Monday, Oct. 15 - Suffolk University On Campus Interviews