professional services firm, too.
We know your situation well, because we’re a professional services firm, too.
Service providers are a different breed. The value of your firm is largely based on the knowledge of your team and your book of business. Maintaining that value with enough equity to reward shareholders and top talent while also planning for their eventual exit is a fundamental strategy that never ends.
Whether your growth strategy involves recruitment and niche growth or targeted M&A, we can be part of your professional team.
- Jonathan Hitter, CPA, Shareholder
For many closely held service providers, pass-through income affects the business and the individual owners. You need to know if you’re taking advantage of all applicable deductions, depreciation and tax credits. You need to pay attention to competitive benefit offerings and methods to improve internal processes and procedures. Pricing of your services and cash flow are always top of mind. Understanding how all of the pieces are interconnected will support your growth and success.
But when you are busy serving clients, you need an advisor to keep your business and personal goals on track. As a sounding board and strategist for M&A planning, bringing on additional shareholders, partner buyouts and exits, or updating your strategic plan, we deliver experience and resources for next-generation service. Our clients include a number of law firms, consulting firms, design and ad agencies. Services may include the following:
- Accounting systems design
- Administration of profit sharing and pension plans
- Audits, reviews and compilations
- Budgets, forecasts and projections
- Buy/sell agreements
- Business valuations
- Cash management systems
- Compensation and employee agreements
- Cost models
- Employee benefits evaluations
- Employee retirement and welfare planning
- Entity selection and analysis
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Mergers and acquisitions consulting
- Personal financial planning
- Practice assessments, internal control and operational reviews
- Succession planning
- IRS and agency representation
- Strategic business planning
- Tax planning and compliance
- Technology solutions
At Walter Shuffain, we anticipate your changing needs because we’re dealing with the same requirements as you. So whether it’s staffing issues or technology investments, cost modeling or valuations, add us to your trusted team.
Ask the Experts
Jonathan C. Hitter, CPA, MST, CGMA
Articles of Interest
Walter Shuffain Joins the BDO Alliance USA
Tax Impacts of Equity Compensation
Will your tax bracket change in 2023?